Original topic:

Parental controls and monitoring apps

(Topic created: 03-18-2024 01:29 PM)
userpgc6k6RVEs
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So we recently updated our kids phones both to Samsung a25. They will be ages boy13 and girl 10 soon. We are currently using family link through Google to monitor their devices but as I understand once my son turns 13 that will no longer be an option. My thoughts on google family link: we like the ability to set screen time limits, schedule down time overnight, like the ability to ping phone when misplaced, like that we can control app downloads, location accuracy is not great, dislike that there is no ability to see pics and messages they are sending/receiving.

What parental control apps is everyone using? What are the pros/cons in your opinion? Any feedback is helpful and appreciated 
2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userpgc6k6RVEs The Google FAQ states 

"Family Link can be used to supervise teenagers (children over the age of 13 or applicable age of consent in your country). Unlike children under the age of consent, teenagers have the ability to stop supervision at any time. If they do, you will be notified and their Android device will be temporarily locked for 24 hours unless you unlock it. As a parent, you can also choose to remove supervision for teenagers at any time without any impact on their device’s usability."

Technically you can monitor your kids 13 and older. The info says that if they are 13 or over they can request the monitoring be stopped. But if they don't request it to be stopped, Google won't automatically stop it.

0 Likes
userpgc6k6RVEs
Asteroid
Options
Thank you
0 Likes