Original topic:

Questions about the amount of steps for individuals in the Samsung Health challenge

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 02:57 PM)
userGcGuDUt8Z5
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I am a fairly active individual and normally get between 13K and 18K steps a day.  I noticed that the top individuals in the challenge average over 90K steps in a day.  Allowing for sleep, this is about 6K steps an hour.  I question that someone can make that many steps.  I realize this is a fun challenge, but I don't know how these individuals get that many steps legitimately.

Does anyone else question this?

11 Replies
Chanaka
Constellation
Options
Curious if there's a way to give direct feedback to devs regarding cheaters in SHealth App. I don't care about them faking steps, but it's always a cheater who wins the monthly Global Steps Challange and they completely skew the results for all of us. There's no way someone archives 2.5 million steps even before the month ends. Is there any steps to remove these cheaters? Or at least not include them in global challanges.

I even talked to a friend who runs Ultra Marathons regularly and even they don't go past 500k steps in a month. Let alone 2.5 million steps! 
0 Likes
Sallsanne76
Constellation
Options

It's absolutely ridiculous. It would be nice to genuinely compare yourself with everyone properly. I can't believe they cheat the system too? What's the point? 

I do at least 15000 and I'm very active. They are doing the steps of someone running 2 marathons daily for a month. Yeah right!? How did Samsung Health not recognise this as cheating and get rid of those from the challenge?!

0 Likes