JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recent update affecting manual passwords?

(Topic created: 05-11-2023 04:34 PM)
Odin1806
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So I have some manually added passwords that have specific titles to make it easier to find them and I just added a new password for my kid's new account a day or so ago. After telling my phone to update apps now however I can not make my own titles for these passwords. It requires an app or website to be specifically entered... I like this option to put a specific app or website, but could we also have the ability to name a username and password whatever we want if there isn't a specific app or website it is tied to?
3 Replies
WhiteCheddar1
Constellation
Options

Came here to second this. This update completely ruined the app for me. I am very used to doing manual entries for things that don't necessarily correlate to a website or app, and now this functionality is entirely removed. Please revert or explain how to get around this. 

Odin1806
Constellation
Options
I'm hoping we get some feedback... but in the meantime I did notice if you put something like password-for-an-account.com with just a dash separating words and .com at the end it can force new saves in... it looks rather clunky and unless I rewrite all my current saves they will not follow the same pattern, but... it works... oh, no capital letters though...
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.