Original topic:

Reverted Notification Tones

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 02:36 PM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I'm confused.
It appears that after One UI 6.1, my Calendar and Alarm notification sounds reverted back go Over The Horizon. Even though each have a customized MP3 chosen to play when they occur.
I've gone back into each calendar event and alarm to confirm the tone is not Over The Horizon. So far I've only noticed it while I'm at work, but I don't have any location-based routines or Modes enabled that I would think would cause this.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening or has it happened to you as well? 
10 Replies
denverw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Same here
Jess04
Sun
Options
Glad to hear I'm not alone. But also disappointed you're experiencing it as well.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hi Jess04, Thank you for reaching out. We know how frustrating it is to have the notification tones changed on their own.

Have you tried testing the phone in Safe Mode to see if there is an app causing the change? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Let us know the results.

0 Likes
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
I have a notification ringtone I want set for text messages and it keeps using the old one, I have even deleted the old file in hopes it would fix the issue. But it's still using my old ringtone. Is there any fix for this?
0 Likes
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Having the same issues. It seems every time it's an update something breaks with sounds and notifications
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Have you tried replicating the issue with your phone in Safe Mode yet like the 3rd content from the moderator suggested? I haven't had the opportunity to yet...
0 Likes
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yep and I even factory rest my phone over the weekend. Which was a pain to do again 😐
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

We are sorry to hear that Safe Mode and the Factory Reset did not help. We recommend submitting an error report using the Members app to provide the feedback directly to Samsung. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes
tiny78fish
Cosmic Ray
Options
But isn't this more of a software bug that has to be fixed with the next update?
0 Likes