Original topic:

Suggested words popup panel bug in Samsung keyboard dark mode

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userw8qanhi3cy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Dear Samsung,

There is a bug in Samsung Keyboard when using Dark Mode. Whenever I mistype something, a popup box suggesting a correction but everything in this box are black, can't see anything. The background is black and the suggested text is also black. Black text on black background, can't see the text.

To fix this issue, please change the suggested text color to white. This issue only occurs whenever we use Dark Mode.

Looking forward to a fix soon!

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

You can put in a support ticket. Settings/general management/contact us/error reports.

View solution in context

5 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

Until there's a fix, there may be a workaround.  If you download GoodLock and the Keys Cafe module, you can customize the colors of your Samsung keyboard.  Or you can switch to G-Board and not have that problem.  G-Board in dark mode has the lettering in white, you can also just choose to have the keyboard theme stay in light mode. It also has the talk to text mic in the correct place.

0 Likes
userw8qanhi3cy
Cosmic Ray
Options

Thanks for your useful help. However, I don't want another keyboard that does the same thing, just waste my storage space on my phone. Plus, more things you install, the more they drain your battery life and data collection, especially Facebook. Most apps nowadays want to steal your personal data quietly in the background, contributing to battery drain even when you are not using your phone. This privacy invasion needs to stop. My 2 cents.

It is a minor glitch Samsung needs to fix. That's all.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

Your choice. You are the one that's complaining. If you are worried about privacy, you need to not use tech. Also, dark mode is an abomination, but that is also your choice to use it.

0 Likes
userw8qanhi3cy
Cosmic Ray
Options

Do Samsung Engineers and Developers take these feedback and bugs repot in this forum?

How do I send feedback and bugs report to Samsung engineers and developers directly without using Samsung Members app? 

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

You can put in a support ticket. Settings/general management/contact us/error reports.