JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung & Android Emoji Switching

(Topic created: 02-09-2023 10:37 AM)
m4tato
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Would it be possible for Samsung to implement a function in their devices to allow users to select their emoji style preference? I really enjoy the look of Android emojis, but haven't found a way to access them without using a 3rd party software. 😔

4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
It sounds possible to me, but like some things it comes down to Intellectual Property rights and how much you want to pay for the privilege.

I've noticed that how an emoji looks on my phone can look different on the recipient's device because of this.
m4tato
Astronaut
Options
That's true, I just figured since Samsung uses android OS that it gives them access to the other parts of their brand 😅
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Emoji style switching is supported within apps like Textra (see screenshot) so it certainly seems to make sense at the OS level.
Screenshot_20230207_195038_Textra_1000000921_1675817438.jpg

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you m4tato,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung and welcome to the Samsung Community. This is a great idea! We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.