JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Dex on Second User/Guest Account

(Topic created: 07-06-2020 07:10 AM)
Mikko_A
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello! We recently got a Samsung Tab S6 and set it up with 3 Users (me - admin, my wife and my daughter). The issue is my wife or daughter could not turn on Samsung Dex when on their respective accounts. Is there any way you can use Samsung Dex as a second user? Or is there a way to set up multiple admin users on one device? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options

At this time this feature is not available when using Dex. However, We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Punisher91
Cosmic Ray
Options
From what I read, only certain features are accessible to the tablet owner which would mean that Dex only works on your account. Now I don't know if that would apply if you use a keyboard case. I haven't figured out how to add another administrator on my Tab S4 because it only gives me Guest or Guest Restricted. If I find out anything, I can let you know
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

Samsung should state that when selling tab s6 az "multi user"!

Shame on you Samsung.

userPOnmFh6p0E
Astronaut
Options

I was searching for answer to same problem.  This is ridiculous.  I made a purchase of a Tab 7 because I am tired of the limitations of Windows 10 when used on a tablet, but I didn't realise that Samsung are prone to this sort of stupidity as well.  My owner account is just for setting up the Tab 7 and doesn't need the Dex environment.  The Tab 7 will ALWAYS be run on a User account and this is when the Dex environment NEEDS to be available.  Shouldn't have jumped ship from Microsoft !!!

user119E1nHGgH
Astronaut
Options

This has been one of the most disappointing discoveries made worse for me as I had to set up my daughter as the primary user on my Tab S7 due to the Google Family requirements for the child to be placed as the primary user should you wish to have a child's account that you can manage! Can't win!

SeeDoubleYou
Constellation
Options

It is not just Dex, there are more things that are unavailable for non-admin users, like developer mode. We bought a tab s6 at work so that we could share it between developers (among other devices) to test software we are creating. This would have been perfect if (and only if) we could each use our own account. If we would be able to add administrators, that would suffice, or even change the administrator would be ok-ish, but no, you'll have to completely reset the tablet in order to make another account admin. Wouldn't have bought this if we knew this. Yes, there are a lot of complaints on this that we could have seen before buying it, but we never expected this. No one at Samsung is going to bother reading this, but if they stumble upon this accidentally, help us out!

Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options

At this time this feature is not available when using Dex. However, We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products

0 Likes