JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Disabled Free Movies Feature on Vudu?

(Topic created: 06-29-2022 03:54 AM)
usernXfIP11LfB
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hi, why is Samsung prohibiting my ability to watch free movies in Vudu? I read on the Vudu forums that it was Samsung's decision to turn off this feature and that it won't be coming back? Why is that?
11 Replies
BillGill
Astronaut
Options
Got ya.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Last year VUDU purchased FandangoNOW and since then their business model appears to have changed to one that would actually try and make a profit.
userbYExnRc9EF
Cosmic Ray
Options

Probably because of content retention laws.?? I don't know but if anyone finds a work around please share in this thread till then I'm gonna get myself a roku 😛

0 Likes
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Google Chromecast works better also try plex
0 Likes
usernXfIP11LfB
Asteroid
Options
Unfortunately, I watch most of my Vudu content on my phone. Unless there's a fix in developer mode or Samsung re-enables, I'm forced to comply. Not a fan of restrictions on my devices.
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Try clearing the cache and cookies on the app if you press and hold the app you should be able to click on app info then go to memory and then you should be able to clear those cache and cookies try that maybe it's something to do with your Vudu account as well try creating a new one
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
I don't think it's samsung. I am on my s22u and just downloaded vudu and tried it. Free with ads worked for me. No message other than HDX or SD. Ads starts then movie starts.
Solution
usernXfIP11LfB
Asteroid
Options
Thanks, that's weird. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling and it works now. It hasn't worked for months but just recently stopped allowing playback. I have been working around the missing feature through online links. Hopefully this doesn't change. Here's the forum I read this on:
https://forum.vudu.com/forum/technical-help/general-help/550100-can-t-play-free-movies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
It auto updated from the Samsung store and there is no free option. Keep the play store version if you want to use it.