Original topic:

Samsung Health Offset on Glucose readings from Dexcom G7 via Health Connect

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
liferedeemed
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Samsung Health is syncing glucose readings successfully from Health Connect that is written by the Dexcom G7. However, the timestamps are off by 6 hours. My time zone is also -6 hours, so it appears it is not correctly recognizing the time zone.

8 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Do you have your phone's clock settings for the correct time zone? Is the Dexcom set for the correct time zone? The phone's time setting informs every app on the phone, including the health app. If the Dexcom has it's own settings and the time zone is incorrect, the time stamp will be adjusted by the phone's clock. So if the Dexcom thinks it's in California, it will time stamp 5 a.m., but the health app will translate to 8 a.m. one of the clocks is off.
liferedeemed
Asteroid
Options
I have looked for a timezone in the Dexcom D7 app, but it does not appear to be one. I am assuming it is using the phone's timezone. I have my phone settings for Automatic Time Zone. My time appears correct and when I travel, it shows my current time zone and home time zone on my lock screen, so I feel this is working correctly. I can try specifying this, but I don't feel this is the issue.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Maybe try to contact the makers of Dexcom?
0 Likes
liferedeemed
Asteroid
Options
I am looking for another app that reads glucose data from Health Connect to determine if it is a Dexcom writing the wrong timestamp or Samsung Health reading and displaying it incorrectly.
0 Likes
liferedeemed
Asteroid
Options
I have viewed the data in Google Fit as well as myfitnesspal. Both of those correctly display the data with an offset from the current time. Samsung Health appears not to respect the time zone offset on the Health Connect record. Dexcom has an issue that it is not writing data lagged by the timezone as well. So both apps have an issue.
JBeazy
Constellation
Options
I'm having the same issue. I have synced my dexcom account with health connect and Google fit, Fitbit, Gluroo, and Health Sync all read the time and readings correctly. Samsung Health is the only one that seems to get off by 6-7 hours. For example: A 2pm reading of 126 on Samsung Health would only correspond to a 126 reading at 11:40-11:55am on Dexcom G7 app.
liferedeemed
Asteroid
Options
I found a solution. I used Xdrip+ to upload my Dexcom CGM data into Health Connect. I configured Xdrip+ to get data from Dexcom Share then configured Google Health Connect. I removed Health Connect from the Dexcom app. Even after this data kept appearing in Samsung Health for a number of hours, but eventually this stopped and now I have the correct data in Samsung Health.
0 Likes
liferedeemed
Asteroid
Options
Xdrip is not a store app. It is a community written app. I have just learned about it. I have used it to show insulin dosing. Much more useful than Dexcom and other apps I have tried. I recommend it based on what I have seen so far. APK has to be manually installed.

https://xdrip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/download/
0 Likes