JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages on the web

(Topic created: 06-24-2020 06:45 AM)
aplocher
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I wanted to be able to access my SMS messages on the web so a while ago I switched to Google Messages.

I recently got a Samsung Gear Watch, which required me to switch back to Samsung Messages.

• Is there anyway to get the best of all worlds: SMS messages on my Phone, Watch, and PC?
    • Does Samsung Messages have a web interface (or a small desktop app)?
    • Or, is there a way to get Google Messages to work with my watch?

Thanks

sherweed
Cosmic Ray
Options

AirDroid is another option that allows you to use Wifi. The app has to be running on both your phone and your computer but it does allow you to send and receive texts on your computer (Mac or Windows), without having to us a USB connection. 

0 Likes
techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options

I use the windows phone app

0 Likes
user9ZRSGOKLsJ
Astronaut
Options

Argh - wish this worked for me. I got the YourPhone app all setup but it just doesn't work. I can send messages on the PC but it shows them as "not sent" or perpetual "sending" - but when I open my cell I can see they went out. I am not getting the replies on the app but am getting them on my cell. Why in the world doesn't the watch use the google messaging app!?

Quantify
Asteroid
Options

I feel your pain.  I also prefer to use Samsung Messages because of the conversation sorting capabilities, but the flakiness of microsoft's Your Phone is maddening.  I do find that resetting the PC app and reconnecting helps for a while, so I'm doing that every week or so and it's been mostly reliable.  The PC app gets updated every few days, so presumably the team is working on fixes.  We can only hope...

Members_O3Vis2t
Constellation
Options

This is such a frustrating issues. I had to swap away from the android messenger app b/c it was slow to load texts on my note20 ultra. I severly miss texting from my computer and the "yourphone" app just doesn't work. Like you said it will send though never update to sent and will not retreive new messages. 

The notifications seem to be real time but kind've pointless. 

I just don't understand why there is such an extreme lag for messages using android messenger on my new note, there was almost no delay on the note 9...

0 Likes
kepalle
Asteroid
Options

I'm just joining this conversation as I too would like to have the convenience of using Samsung Messages as a stand-alone app on my Mac, the same as I can with Google Messages.  I've used AirDroid and although it does do the job of being able to communicate, it doesn't offer customization features such as dark mode.  Dex is also a good option but I don't need another desktop on my desktop. The one thing I've noticed in this thread is that there are no comments from Samsung and this is unfortunate and frustrating.  The only response I received from them thanked me for my feedback and added the link to this community.  I feel as if Samsung is pushing me towards Google Messages instead of offering a viable solution. 

seamusvibe
Asteroid
Options

I just got a samsung phone after having a couple pixles and this was an immediate issue for me. 

I went to the play store and downloaded the Messages app made by Google.

Under settings the very first thing is "Messages for Web"

ditch the samsung one. 

HoppyBadger
Asteroid
Options

Just joining as well, as I sit here tinkering with messaging apps, keyboards etc. I really can't understand why samsung doesn't have a very simple Windows/Mac app for messaging. Even if it was web based. I thought about going to Google, but I really wanted to stick mostly to Samsung, I currently have Flow running and Windows Your Phone Companion. Your Phone tends to work most of the time for me. Samsung Flow is just very basic, you can reply but you can't start a text etc and its interface could use a makeover. Anyway...

user3fnxQBnqIn
Astronaut
Options

You may want to give Pulse SMS a try.  It has a web client, and native clients for windows, mac, and linux.  It also runs natively on your Samsung Gear watch (I run it on mine).  The only hassle is a one-time setup on the watch where you have to log in, and that is a bit tedious with the tiny keyboard, but once you do that, it works fine.

Unfortunately, the watch seems to hard-code message related stuff to Samsung messages, so some things will still prompt you to set messages as your default, but as far as receiving and sending messages on the watch, pulse works fine.

0 Likes
useren4QkSTFtH
Astronaut
Options

The solution that's marked as the official one doesn't work for me as my main computer is not Windows. The best solution for me (and I suspect most other people) is to ditch the Samsung text messaging service and install Google Messages. Would prefer to stick with the native Samsung messaging service, but until they offer the same ability to be able to seamlessly text from a broswer I'm gonna go with what works best.