JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Secure Folder what's for? "private pictures"?

(Topic created: 03-15-2021 02:47 PM)
Pablo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi. I don't see the benefit of the Secure Folder (except maybe to hide those pictures and videos that ...you know....). If Galaxy phones are "military grade" protected by Knox, I don't see the benefit of storing things into the secure folder provided that you are the only one that access de phone.

What do you think?

3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Let's say you lose your phone.
Or let's say someone gains access to it.
Pablo3
Cosmic Ray
Options

Thank you, but if have to worry about loosing my phone and having it hacked, it means that Knox is not as good as advertised. I see it may be useful if let's say your wife or kids access your phone.... but it is a very niche scenario.

My point is that Knox is supposed to be the best, Secure Folder should be a very specialized feature, not for everyone.

0 Likes
Solution
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Well while what you're saying is true, it can be a cool feature. For example if you have a work profile installed on your phone, by using secure folder, your work cannot access anything in the secure folder.

It's almost like a very secure copy of your samsung phone that your normal software can't manipulate or read.

If you don't use your phone for work then it's just for photos or apps you don't want on your phone when you unlock it.

My use case is probably more rare but I'd rather have it and not need it than vice-versa. You make a good point though. I don't think most people use it haha.