JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV > PC on TV > Easy Connection to Screen > Windows PC > Currently waiting for connection

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 08:10 AM)
Z REX
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi,  I am trying to use the PC on TV > Easy Connection to Screen app for my Samsung TV and Windows PC.

I've followed all of the instructions and my TV is not showing up on the "PC on TV - Easy Connection" app installed on my PC, nor is my PC showing up on my TV for the "Easy Connection to Screen".  I am able to connect via Screen Sharing and Remote PC options with the same PC.  I can also connect my Galaxy S10 to with Dex and Smart View with no issues.  I say this because it may give you some clues to my network settings that may help diagnose my issue.  I know I can use the other two methods, but I'm hoping that this will help someone else having the same issue.  I can't find any logs or relevant info/data coming from the app to debug the issue.  Here is a screenshot from the app on my PC.  Please advise.2021-10-07_0-02-55.jpg

EDIT: it's been a almost 3 months... If I didn't like my current software engineer job so much, I would quit, get hired here, just to debug the issue or fix the bug myself, and then walk out of that job too.  I am going to send the Samsung Team a link to this message and see if they address the issue.

15 Replies
JWG82
Halo
Options
I have same issue, but my laptop isn'tx capable of wireless projection through MiraCast either. I need to get a new laptop soon 😩
0 Likes
userk3MwlNcnuU
Constellation
Options

I have the same issue - no solution so far

0 Likes
userdJiTpMvM40
Constellation
Options

I have the same issue and no where where to find the solution

0 Likes
Solution
usernPcUHEfcRI
Astronaut
Options

sounds stupid I know but double-check your tv is logged into the same Samsung account as on your computer. I was having the same issue and it turned out to be the TV had logged out of my Samsung account without me knowing. 

Having support remote into your television can help too, I know a guy that called in and got walked through some settings on the tv and then given steps for the computer and they got it up and running.

Levis_Blan-ti
Constellation
Options

I can't open the app, it automatically closes after running as administrator.

How did you manage to launch the app?

Levis_Blan-ti
Constellation
Options

I can't open the app, it automatically closes after running as administrator.

How did you manage to launch the app?

0 Likes
letthepastdieBEN
Constellation
Options

I've got the same thing. It worked the first time around and then the second time I tried to connect it's just stuck on that. The TV gives me the "unable to connect" error and the laptop displays the same screenshot as above. Both devices are on the same Samsung account. It even shows that the connection was successful previously under the TV Connection Record on the Windows app. So it worked once and now it just doesn't? I even made sure that the software was up to date and it is.

userX3x6hFeK6t
Constellation
Options

i also have same issue... nothing appears !!

it's not working and this is the main reason i bought TV  , to connect it to my PC

0 Likes
useryLd8HUoa4c
Astronaut
Options

Same issue here... 😞 Any news from Samsung someone?

0 Likes