Original topic:

Samsung on demand apps buffering

(Topic created: Monday)
Bickiewoo
Constellation
Options

All tv on demand apps buffer and are of poor quality. I have tried everything. Wired, resets, device care, rang the internet providers, changed cables, brand new routers.  Nothing has worked. Internet speed is fine. 

Only happens on my Samsung tv. Phone and computers are fine. 

Please… does anyone have any suggestions? 

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

If you bought a low-end TV, there is less memory for buffering, therefore, slowing it down.  Your manual specs or device settings should tell you how much memory you have and if you can make it larger by using the internal storage as virtual memory.

0 Likes
Bickiewoo
Constellation
Options

Thank you I will try that. Its a decent tv, less than 2 years old but I might have some luck. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Yeah, a couple of years ago I bought a really cheap "guest" TV because I had a guest complain that there was no TV in my guest room.  I rarely turn it on, but when I was doing set up and experimentation, I noticed it had a buffering problem, then I realized it was because it was really a bargain model (probably made for purposes such as mine) and didn't have much in the way of memory or HDD space for that matter.  It doesn't bother me because I watch TV in my living room and if I have a desire to watch something in my bedroom, I have my phone.

0 Likes