JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung wallet removes Samsung pay cards

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I went through this once before when Samsung pay was incorporated in Samsung wallet. I re-entered multiple credit cards to enable the feature in wallet. My z-fold device was replaced recently by Samsung care Plus and apparently it deactivated my card. I'll enter ONE card again but only as a backup in case I don't have my ACTUAL wallet.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey there.

It sounds like the digital card was disabled as the device was replaced. Readding the card will resolve the problem. Digital cards get removed/deactivated when a device has been factory reset or replaced. This is for security purposes.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey there.

It sounds like the digital card was disabled as the device was replaced. Readding the card will resolve the problem. Digital cards get removed/deactivated when a device has been factory reset or replaced. This is for security purposes.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
userc35nSs3p5N
Asteroid
Options

thanks @Rydah, i always wondered this.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Each time a phone containg cards in a digital wallet is reset or erased,the cards are removed as a security measure. You must re enter the card information in each instance of the wallet. The card info does not stay on the remote servers, they are in the app itself, which is why they are neither backed up nor restored. It is also why you have to add them to each device you own (like a watch or tablet). You want your cards to be secure, don't you?