JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Separate fingerprint for secure folder

(Topic created: a month ago)
George001
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I don't know if this was a Samsung thing, a T-Mobile thing, or an Android thing, but there was a time when I was able to set up a specific fingerprint to access my secure folder that was different from the fingerprint I used to unlock my phone, all I know is that feature went away and it should be brought back. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
If you mean to use a specific fingerprint to unlock your phone and automatically open secure folder, as mentioned above, you can do that by installing Routines+ module.

After installing it, you can create a routine in 'Modes and Routines'.

When selecting 'if condition', scroll down to Routines+ section and select 'unlock with fingerprint' and select your fingerprint

When selecting 'then', search for 'open an app' and select 'open Secure folder'1717113843400.jpg

View solution in context

4 Replies
Rayzer
Comet
Options
As a core feature of Samsung Knox, Biometric Authentication is a crucial security measure. While your service provider or application may have modified the requirements, it is unlikely that Samsung is directly involved in such alterations.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@George001 It looks like the last time that was available was on the Samsung S20s. 

Currently the only option is to open a website directly when you unlock with a fingerprint. This in Routines+, which is part of Samsung's Good Lock application. You can enable a routine by clicking "Fingerprint to website". 

0 Likes
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
If you mean to use a specific fingerprint to unlock your phone and automatically open secure folder, as mentioned above, you can do that by installing Routines+ module.

After installing it, you can create a routine in 'Modes and Routines'.

When selecting 'if condition', scroll down to Routines+ section and select 'unlock with fingerprint' and select your fingerprint

When selecting 'then', search for 'open an app' and select 'open Secure folder'1717113843400.jpg
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Great json TIP!
0 Likes