Original topic:

Signature for text

(Topic created: 07-10-2022 04:53 PM)
drterri
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

How do you add an automatic signature to the texts? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
I'm sorry, but you can't add an automatic signature line. SMS text messaging is 1980s tech, which is the world standard for texting, and it is limited to 160 characters. Recipients should see your name at the top of their messaging app in one-to-one texts with you or above or below each of your text messages in group texts, if they've added your information to their contacts, otherwise, they will see your phone number.

Sending your contact information via text is easy to do through the Contacts app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Which phone and which text messaging service are you using?
0 Likes
drterri
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy s22 ultra Samsung messaging thank you
0 Likes
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
I'm sorry, but you can't add an automatic signature line. SMS text messaging is 1980s tech, which is the world standard for texting, and it is limited to 160 characters. Recipients should see your name at the top of their messaging app in one-to-one texts with you or above or below each of your text messages in group texts, if they've added your information to their contacts, otherwise, they will see your phone number.

Sending your contact information via text is easy to do through the Contacts app.
0 Likes
drterri
Astronaut
Options
I downloaded textra and now am.using that for messages. I can add a signature on this app. Thank you.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Can I ask, please, do you use a signature line for business messaging?

You can use Text Shortcuts in Samsung Messages, where you start typing the signature line and the tap the suggestion and the keyboard would complete the info.

Old video below. Getting to the option to set up has changed, but this video does show how it works; for your consideration.

https://youtu.be/wlACgKYphYo
0 Likes
LindaLu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thank you so much Dan. I'm new at this so I don't know if it's proper to ask another question. When I am speaking on my phone and another call comes in I hear that call ringtone or messaging me and it's very very distracting mainly because I have songs as my ringtones. I thought there was a way to give my current conversation?? S22 ultra 512
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
I don't think there is a setting for that. There is one for alarms and notifications when on a call. You could just tap the Do Not Disturb in the quick menu.
0 Likes
LindaLu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thank you but when I received this new s22 I went through major issues because you cannot use do not disturb or most of your phones other features do not work. I have a long history of calling Samsung for this issue. I can't remember the specifics now but I think I can look them up if you need it.
0 Likes
LindaLu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung actually sent me my s22 that I purchased they let me keep my trade in for longer and they sent me another brand new s22 so I had three phones all together and it took me several weeks with Samsung on the phone and trying different settings. It was a nightmare so I am scared to death of do not disturb on this model. Maybe with the new update they might solve some of those problems and also maybe with the update they'll give us a signature line
0 Likes