JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings and Netgear Armor

(Topic created: 08-22-2023 02:14 PM)
Gruversm
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I own a Samsung Electric Cooktop with SmartThings on my iPhone.  I have it connected to my Orbi router with Netgear Armor.  Netgear constantly flags this connection as coming from a "suspicious remote location....." and is blocking the connection.

Is this a legit connection?

IMG_3850.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
If you are sure that the device connected is your range just click allow anyway and don't worry about it. also you can set this item as a home network item and this will stop happening the reason it's likely flagging it is it might be pinging off smart things so as an example smart things is on your phone you have your phone far from home it's able to send you notifications and you're somewhere out of the vicinity of your home so your router thinks that it's pinging off somewhere crazy when it's just the Samsung SmartThings ecosystem I myself have a Samsung Smart Home appliances of All Sorts TVs Etc and use I a Netgear r a x e 500 I turned on qos I set them as priority items and have never had any issues. So you definitely will be ok once confirmed that it is in fact your stove and not a neighbor's ect.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
If you are sure that the device connected is your range just click allow anyway and don't worry about it. also you can set this item as a home network item and this will stop happening the reason it's likely flagging it is it might be pinging off smart things so as an example smart things is on your phone you have your phone far from home it's able to send you notifications and you're somewhere out of the vicinity of your home so your router thinks that it's pinging off somewhere crazy when it's just the Samsung SmartThings ecosystem I myself have a Samsung Smart Home appliances of All Sorts TVs Etc and use I a Netgear r a x e 500 I turned on qos I set them as priority items and have never had any issues. So you definitely will be ok once confirmed that it is in fact your stove and not a neighbor's ect.
Gruversm
Asteroid
Options

How can I find the MAC address of my cooktop?  Is there a way to see it in the SmartThings app?

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Not really the only way you know is when you're actually establishing the AP connection but the best way to identify devices you are unsure of is block the connection from your Netgear app and then go check the device to see if it's lost connection then allow it again and see if it reconnects this is the best way to be sure it's yours in addition in the SmartThings app you can see that it's connected to Wi-Fi of course.
0 Likes