Original topic:

Unable to change task layout in good lock after one u i 6.0 upgrade

(Topic created: 11-05-2023 06:55 AM)
shivonthadhani
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello Everyone,

I just want to bring to your notice that i am unable to change task layout in good lock after one u i 6.0 upgrade.

This is a bug which needs to be fixed by samsung in good lock , home up, task changer module. 

shivonthadhani_0-1699196106335.png

Shivon Thadhani
JUMP TO SOLUTION
127 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Hopefully, these issues will be resolved with the One UI 6.1 update coming in the next few months according to Samsung.
ProfessorXavier
Cosmic Ray
Options
They are resolved in the OneUI 6.1 update (I have the S24 Ultra and it works as expected), but the Problem is when they break existing functionality for 6 months.

When the next version of OneUI come out they'll break GoodLock again. And it'll be broken for ANOTHER 6 Months 😭
0 Likes
stratguy
Galaxy
Options
Unfortunately it's not fixed with One UI 6.1. The s24ultra still does not have all the Home Up features working . Mainly the vertical app drawer. I am really disappointed. Samsung told me it would be fixed in 2 weeks after One UI 6.0. I'm really worried that it's never coming back. Samsung is copying iPhone too much. I've never had an iPhone and never will, but people I know that have them don't have vertical app drawers. I don't think it's an option for iPhone . I'm not 100% sure of that. Please let customer service know how you feel about this. Thanks.
0 Likes
ProfessorXavier
Cosmic Ray
Options
HomeUp has been working for me since I turned the s24 Ultra on. Vertical app drawer has been gone for a while. But HomeUp in OneUI 6.1 is fine (for me).
0 Likes
stratguy
Galaxy
Options
Home Up is operating, but no vertical app drawer since 6.0. A lot of us were used to the vertical app drawer and Samsung has told us it would be fixed in a couple of weeks. That was in October. I don't like swiping left to see my apps. It's just something some of us were used to. Apple doesn't have a vertical app drawer and it seems Samsung is following Apple way too much. You can customize almost every single thing on the s23ultra and s24ultra, except for this commonly used feature. It just makes no sense. I refuse to install a 3rd party launcher like the Nova launcher to get the vertical app drawer back.
ProfessorXavier
Cosmic Ray
Options
Understood and I agree. I usually use Nova Launcher so I've been unaffected until now. I DO NOT LIKE the horizontal app drawer either. It's weird.
I hope they go back to vertical soon.
userEqvYXTOz7X
Asteroid
Options

I up date my s22 ultra with the latest update and now my phone is inoperable. I can't connect to the network and It kicks me off 5 minutes later when it does connect and tells me phone isn't registered . All they can say Is that my phone is out of warranty I have to pay to fix it our purchase a new phone . That's messed up when it was there software update thar caused the problem before the update my phone ran perfectly fine. I would understand if I had damaged my phone in some way that that cause but I didn't so you would think that they would take care of it and especially a loyal customer like that has like 20 of there products that I use. And I'm ready to get rid of All-America those product and get them from a different competitor of there's if they can't resolve this problem and like asap

Scott727
Halo
Options
Samsung: please allow the backup of Goodlock and our data to Smart switch.
ProfessorXavier
Cosmic Ray
Options
Good news is that when I transferred my data from s23 ultra to s24 ultra my settings came with me. Even my Keyboard and Womderland setups came over. 😁
0 Likes
Options
I have an S21 Ultra and before the one ui6.0 update I had somehow changedmy default app screen to one that scrolls down a list vertically and the top section has your favorites. 
After the update it went back to default and I can't remember how to change it back to my preferred one I had. 
Anybody have a clue how to change it back?