JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using the Samsung Health app and e-bikes (electronically assisted bike)

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 07:36 AM)
banner001
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi there, i have an S23, using the Health app, i have a smart watch 6.

I am wondering what metrics the Health app is using when i am cycling on the road. I have an e-bike, so an electronically assisted bike, i can raise or lower the amount of assistance it provides me. Is the Health app using biometric things like my heart rate to calculate the amount of calories burnt, or does it use things like the speed i ride at, height gained/lost, as these metrics are not changed when i use lots of electrical power from my bike.

Tl:Dr - what specific parameters are captured, and from where when calculating the calories burnt when using the "Bike" exercise on the app.

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand wanting additional information as to how Samsung Health calculates burned calories.

The data in Samsung Health is based on BMR entered in the app, such as the BMR, and additional algorithms. You can find out more here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003163

For additional questions on how the app calculates data, we recommend reaching out to the Samsung Health team directly by calling 1-855-795-0509.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand wanting additional information as to how Samsung Health calculates burned calories.

The data in Samsung Health is based on BMR entered in the app, such as the BMR, and additional algorithms. You can find out more here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003163

For additional questions on how the app calculates data, we recommend reaching out to the Samsung Health team directly by calling 1-855-795-0509.

0 Likes