JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Webview app & webview fix app

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 10:18 PM)
4Shelli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have had alot of problems with my out dated phone and when checking out my apps in settings I noticed that the webview app was uninstalled and remembered also reading it was a unneeded app that could cause problems,  I would like to know if anyone knows ABOUT this app and is it a NEEDED app? Due too the crashing problems and many of my apps that I have are on, with all areas that are turned on  are greyed out. Which I have no idea what's causing this problem. If it is needed and with the problem I have can a person reinstall webview FIX app or install the BOTH apps? I prefer just one, the webview FIX sounds like the best one I should have if possible.  If anyone has any idea's or anything else that could help please let me know.  THANK YOU SAMSUNG COMMUNITY FRIENDS,   "4SHELLI".
4 Replies
Solution
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Yes that is completely necessary. It is a core function for your phone. There was an issue that affected some people's devices a while back after an update but it was quickly patched in a day or so. That's the only time it would of caused a problem. Just search Webview in the Play Store and it will be the first app in the list called "Android System Webview"

Depending on how old your device is, it will have many issues without that installed.
4Shelli
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thank you I'm DOWNLOADING NOW, I'll let you know in a couple of days Thanks again.
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Great! Hope it works out.

And if it does, you can mark my comment as an accepted solution which will help others in the future who have a similar question.
4Shelli
Cosmic Ray
Options
I will, Thank you I'll let you know, after I reset my phone. Samsungs saying to hard RESET Phone.
0 Likes