JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What happened to my rewards?

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 12:29 AM)
Brit1921
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hey everyone , I'm confused on samsung rewards.  I used to get rewards for using Samsung pay and I'd put them toward a discount on themes or Samsung apps. But it's been months that I've had any points gained or heard about the rewards program except for when it was temporary down.  Can someone please explain the latest on how it works ?

Thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JWG82
Halo
Options
Samsung put a halt on earning rewards through Samsung Pay almost a year or more ago. I tried to see if I had or could find copy of the notification / announcement , It's gone. You only earn rewards by purchasing products from Samsung. com or ingame purchases.

View solution in context

8 Replies
The_Samby
Astronaut
Options
What steps have been taken to get this to reappear? To me this sounds like a bug on Samsung's rewards section. Ensure your app is currently up to date by either checking the play store or the Samsung store.

If they're both updated, then step 2 is to clear cache and data (this will log you out so make sure your password and email is handy.)

If that doesn't do it for you, last ditch effort would be to contact Samsung support via email or phone.
Solution
JWG82
Halo
Options
Samsung put a halt on earning rewards through Samsung Pay almost a year or more ago. I tried to see if I had or could find copy of the notification / announcement , It's gone. You only earn rewards by purchasing products from Samsung. com or ingame purchases.
Brit1921
Astronaut
Options
Wow that explains alot . Thank you
JWG82
Halo
Options
You're welcome
Siouxzis8plus2
Astronaut
Options
Samsung said they were only re-vamping Rewards and it'd be back shortly - a year ago - I guess they changed their minds. They have literally cancelled all the things that made them desirable in the 1st place at this point. Whatz up with that Samsung?! Are you ever going to bring back Rewards for app, theme & game purchases again??
Brit1921
Astronaut
Options
Yes one of the reasons I kept using samsung pay because the points I'd get free themes. Might go back to Google pay. But then again who knows they may have taken away some features too . Haven't used it in a few years .
Siouxzis8plus2
Astronaut
Options
Well, now it's July 2022 and still no Samsung Rewards program back for theme store or game purchases. I have also discovered all the cash back rewards money that I have previously earned from shopping thru Samsung wallet do not buy gift cards from their gift card store anymore as it previously did. So now I've got a bunch of rewards "money" just sitting that I cannot spend and is slowly being deleted due to non-use! What a waste of time. I feel completely ripped off. What's next I wonder?
Addict
Astronaut
Options
I do remember at one point Samsung had an announcement or a info page that said that rewards points did NOT expire. What a bunch of lying losers. As usual, big corporations 1, customers 0
0 Likes