JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is com.android.intentresolver?

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 03:34 PM)
askingquestion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi, I was checking my Google Activity and came across this, I have no idea what it is so I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone knew. 

Thank you for your time! 😄

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Starchaser
Comet
Options
I did a search for permissions controller for Google apps. It lets you set the permissions for all your Google apps you use from one place in the settings for the Google App. The com service appears to be used by the app to talk to the different Google apps when you change the permissions. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

8 Replies
GreenBL0X
Cosmic Ray
Options
Interesting! No idea, though 😕
0 Likes
askingquestion
Cosmic Ray
Options

Hi! Grateful to see that there are people in the same boat as me haha. Thankfully someone responded under here (I don't know how to link a community response, sorry T_T)

Also I finded some extra information here, as to why that pops up in my Google activity I still have no idea haha.

0 Likes
Starchaser
Comet
Options
According to Android Central, it is coding to send simple data between apps. ( per Google search )
askingquestion
Cosmic Ray
Options

Thank you for your response! I don't have any idea of what made it pop up after using 'Permissions Controller' I searched a little in the permissions given for applications but I didn't find anything suspicious.

0 Likes
Solution
Starchaser
Comet
Options
I did a search for permissions controller for Google apps. It lets you set the permissions for all your Google apps you use from one place in the settings for the Google App. The com service appears to be used by the app to talk to the different Google apps when you change the permissions. Hope this helps.
askingquestion
Cosmic Ray
Options

Thank you so much for your response and your time! It was definitely very helpful, have a good day. 🙂

0 Likes
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Intent resolver is an important part of your operating system.

According to the Android Developer Documentation,
"An Intent provides a facility for performing late runtime binding between the code in different applications. Its most significant use is in the launching of activities, where it can be thought of as the glue between activities. It is basically a passive data structure holding an abstract description of an action to be performed."

To sum it up in regards to the app, this particular app is a part of the Android system that allows for the apps on your phone to complete actions you ask them to do such as opening by tapping on them, adding a picture to text messages, etc. It is a backbone of the OS. It has just been made into a separate app section folder now with 14 that you can see whereas before it was just bundled under Android System.

The Intent Resolver function is part of what allows you to complete an action on OneUI and to have it actually result in what you wanted to do such as opening an application or completing certain tasks within apps. Sort of a mediator between Android and OneUI to make sure actions result in an end result.

Alot of Android 14 is actually bringing items that were previously bundled under one header and separating them. It helps with solving issues and pinning down exactly which one is causing issues as well as provided an extra layer of security to isolate issues to. From development standpoint it also pipelines work and is more efficient not having to run through tons of other stuff before finding exactly what you need to be able to do various OS tweaks and maintenance or solve further issues, implement new features, etc.
- Ibuddy66
askingquestion
Cosmic Ray
Options

Thank you for your time! Now everything makes more sense haha. Have a good day!

0 Likes