JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why are the time selection options limited on screen timeout?

(Topic created: 09-16-2022 01:16 PM)
harshads
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Regarding for example the display timeout option, why would it only give you the option to allow it to time out after certain increments of seconds in increments of 15 seconds? In other words why can you only tell it to time out in either 15, 30, 60 second increments and then it jumps to 2 minutes after that? Why does it not just pull up a display dial menu where you can just choose by number of seconds and minutes? Kind of like the time selection dial in reminders or when setting the timer. It's not like Android is not capable of it nor the phone itself. It would only make sense to give the user the ability to dial in the exact number of seconds.

The reason I bring this up is because I've been having trouble with my screen staying on when I put my phone in my pocket and I apparently don't turn the screen off using the power button and so from the time it takes for me to look at my phone, I get distracted and then I want to put it in my pocket, is about 20 to 25 seconds usually but 30 seconds is too much because by then it's already in my pocket and probably tapping the screen accidentally. I have found so many times that I wind up doing all kinds of random stuff in my pocket. And yes I turned on accidental touch protection and the always on display yet still apparently the problem is I don't turn my screen off.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Could there be something capacitive in your pocket touching the screen and keeping it active?

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Could there be something capacitive in your pocket touching the screen and keeping it active?
0 Likes
SmartJoker
Astronaut
Options
If you look for screen timeout setting,
You will find that you can keep the screen on for 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes and I set mine at 10 minutes and then the timer goes off and the screen goes off. When you are using an application on the screen, the backlight will stay on and you don't have to keep turning it on after 15 seconds which is frustrating to say the least.
0 Likes