JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why did security update download these games?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Updated my phone to the latest security update, and apparently, three games came along with it? The same thing happened with One UI 6.1.1, and I deleted them right away last time too.
Is there any way to turn these auto-installs off? I don't need them.
11 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

If you purchased your phone from a carrier they add Games and other apps they think you might like. 
Thatā€™s why itā€™s best to purchase directly from Samsung since unlocked devices donā€™t get carrier apps and games installed on them

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

JAMISONGLOW563
Constellation
Options
I think because there stock
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options

No they are not stock apps the carrier adds games and apps to updates from time to time 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

yamialex
Halo
Options
My friends have carrier locked phones and not once did they ever get games downloaded to their phone
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options

Depends on the carrier I know Verizon and AT&T both add games and apps to updates

yamialex
Halo
Options
I have friends that have Verizon T-Mobile AT&t all have carrier locked phones and not once on any of them on either of these carriers did it download any games the only things that were installed were the update the only thing installed on their phones with stuff they downloaded
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options

I have Verizon my parents have Verizon and we always get apps and games in the updates that have to be uninstalled.

0 Likes
WhiteShack
Galaxy
Options
You make all these claims on every post. Verizon and ATT definitely put games and other apps on phones.
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
My carrier is Verizon. I'll have to do some research later to see if I can turn that stuff off on their end šŸ™‚