JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why does smart things find not have a satellite view for Google maps

(Topic created: 11-18-2022 09:40 AM)
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I recently started using a smarttag+ and it works great but there are some glaringly worse things then an airtag for comparison on the map side. But really the only thing I want added is the ability to swap the map it shows the device on to googles satellite view (maybe it's a license thing) since it is already using their maps. As well as a button or allowing us to click and hold to copy the address on the ui element below that says where it is. At the current moment to get any of this you must:
  • locate it
  • choose to navigate to it invoking it in the Google maps app
  • then cancel the navigation
  • Manually copy the address from the section of where to navigate to
  • Paste it in maps to then see it in satellite
In comparison an Apple device in find my can just be set to show a satellite at all times for the map it uses which if you lose your luggage (or your airline does) In a foreign country is very helpful. 

So please add this feature Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
I found another post similar to this I couldn't see as it had been archived. Perhaps it was your's.

I had not even noticed the north facing issue. But could see how that would be wanted as well. Also their is no feedback category for smart find which there needs to be I think to help improve it.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.