Original topic:

Why no SVG support?

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 11:09 PM)
DeadAccount
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why can't the gallery app render SVGs? Why would it be difficult to implement this (if it is)?
0 Likes
4 Replies
DeadAccount
Galaxy
Options
At least 100k people agree with meScreenshot_20240301_011149_Google Play Store_1000068151_1709277110.png
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Scalable Vector Graphics is best handled by a program that can create and edit them. There are online tools for converting, but generally, the quality of your output vector will depend on the quality of your tool. It's best to choose an advanced graphic design program, like CorelDRAW, that I use, which is capable of SVG editing and exporting.
DeadAccount
Galaxy
Options
It would certainly be helpful if the Gallery app could render SVGs. No conversion. I work with them a lot for my projects. It would make a lot more sense on the user's end to have it naitively supported. And as far as I know, it shouldn't be that hard to implement considering both Nautilus and Dolphin can render SVGs. Even though their implementations have some problems, having it kinda there is better than not trying.
0 Likes
qa_ing_stupidity
Constellation
Options

It is also missing from the built in Internet browser, well.... it shows an SVG, however it is just soooo BAD, I cannot even read a text that is not a HUGEEEE TITLE, but a normal text, it becomes sooooooo pixelated, that is practically unreadable on a 4K over 50" 'Smart' TV. 
BTW we are living in April 2024! We are paying premium for these dumb ... sorry 'Smart' 4K TVs over 50" in size with Tizen and what not Processor, yet it cannot handle a standard HTML image format like SVG.
What are we paying for really??????

0 Likes