JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

com.samsung.android.messaging app third party developer has no aceess

(Topic created: 09-28-2022 07:45 PM)
usereQJ3nwX5Q3
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

All my customers and I need is access to SMS, MMS with images in com.samsung.android.messaging app.

Before com.samsung.android.messaging app was standard on smartphones, I was able to use android.provider.Telephony.SMS_RECEIVED,
android.provider.Telephony.WAP_PUSH_RECEIVED to get informed about incoming messages and I was able to fetch the images from mms.

I found out that all new messages by com.samsung.android.messaging app are stored in content://im/chat.
There is no provider any longer, there is no android standard content resolver used any longer.
com.samsung.android.messaging app blocks access for third party developers to access messages on samsung phones.

The original google RCS message protocol is still not correctly used by  com.samsung.android.messaging app team. 
The access of data by third party developers is not limited based on Google guidelines, understand?

So what is the real problem of the Samsung developer team or especially their managers?

If there is "no URI you can hit to receive image data from the mms-chat RCS message", then how can I access these images?
The main question is still how to access images in mms-chat RCS messages (on samsung smart phones with pre-installed com.samsung.android.messaging app).

My customer wants access to these images. It is ridiculous that Samsung shouts " that RCS is not open to third-party developers."

How to solve this problem?

a) fire these non cooperative samsung managers?

b) provide an acceptable solution for third party developers making good android apps on samsung smartphones?
c) tell my customers to ban com.samsung.android.messaging app?

Tell me your next step. Asap.

Marian Kulisch, Senior Software Developer, R & D Center, KLCNS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@usereQJ3nwX5Q3 This is a user-to-user discussion area not a developer area. To find the answer you seek, you will need to find a Samsung developer area and post there. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
tl;dr

< yawn >
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@usereQJ3nwX5Q3 This is a user-to-user discussion area not a developer area. To find the answer you seek, you will need to find a Samsung developer area and post there.