JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Always On Displays for Tab S7 and Tab S7+

(Topic created: 11-15-2021 12:16 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
Hey everyone, does anyone feel the same way I do about Always On Displays? I love having this feature. Why doesn't Samsung have the Always On Display for their Tab S7 and Tab S7+ ???
When charging my Tab S7+ and the screen is off I don't see any information on the screen except the fingerprint reader. However, on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, when charging it, I see how much time is left until fully charged, the date, the time and the fingerprint reader is displayed on a black screen. Samsung, why don't you give your Tab S series the Always On Display???
5 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
One of the Tab S7 models doesn't have an amoled display, so always on would use a bit more power. I think software is just unified between the two (that's just my guess)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
I have the Tab S7+ which is the high end for Samsung tablets and it has an OLED display. It would've been nice to have the Always On Display included for the Tab S7+
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
So AMOLED and OLED screens differ by how much?
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
They're not too different. Amoled just has an extra layer of transistors. Nothing would be visibly different to the eye.
Solution
DanDa1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
You can turn on the Daily Board when you're charging or now you can turn it on while not in use.. It's sort of a way for the tablets to have a AOD.. It's cool, you can set it up to display all of your info along with other tiles...