JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App unpins itself on Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 14

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 02:18 AM)
sergihf10
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have an issue with my Samsung tablet, I have webapp pinned using either Google Chrome or the Samsung internet app, and for some reason it unpins itself after some time. I tried to pin other websites such as Amazon or LinkedIn, but I got the same behaviour. I have the developer options enabled with the "Stay awake" option activated. Any clues what can cause the app to unpin itself? Thanks.

I have tried using different browsers, checking other webs to ensure it was not a problem with my app, but eventually either Google Chrome or Samsung internet end up being automatically unpinned after maybe a day or less.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 SM-X200 Android version: 14

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It's likely the app then, send a bug report to the app developer. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

5 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

If "after some time" is short enough for a test, I would boot to Safe Mode and pin the link and then stay in Safe Mode and see if it unpins.  This will help determine if it's an app that is causing this behavior. 

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appears

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appear

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts) 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
sergihf10
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi Bill-e,

Thanks for your suggestion, sorry for being a bit vague with the "after some time" sentence, but I could not find a common pattern of when the app unpins, it goes from 2 hours to 24 hours, without any significant changes.

I read that Safe Mode disables all apps that have been downloaded with Google Play, but I do not think another app is causing this issue as the tablet is just used for showing the pinned app, and no other apps have been downloaded, if having the tablet on Safe Mode fixes the issue, is it possible to always run it like this? So far the app is still pinned after 18 hours.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Yes, you can run in Safe Mode forever.   Sometimes just the act of booting to Safe Mode fixes the corruption so if it works in Safe Mode, you could try booting normal and see if it's still an issue. 

Bill
---
sergihf10
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi Bill-e,

Unfortunately the app still unpinned even in safe mode. I have done some more research but found nothing at all.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

It's likely the app then, send a bug report to the app developer. 

Bill
---