Original topic:

Book Cover Draining Battery???

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Members_mBuIbi2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I recently purchased a Galaxy Tab A9+ for my daughter for her Birthday. The day before her birthday I go through setting up the tablet and charge it to 100% and power it off. She opens it the next day and it's completely dead.

Again I charge it to 100% and power it off overnight and the next morning the same thing, it is completely dead. I call Samsung and they have me send it in for a repair. But they find nothing wrong with it.

We received it back yesterday and although it had been in shipping for several days it was still at 95%. 

I put the case that was purchased from Samsung with the tablet back on it, charge it to 100%, power it off. And this morning again, it is completely dead.

Is the case causing the battery to drain completely overnight? It has to be...when I received it back the case wasn't on it and it held charge the whole time it shipped over the course of several days. But then when I get it and put the case back on it dies complete overnight.

Has anyone else experienced this?

9 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Strange. I have a a9+ with the book cover, and I see no battery drain. The case has no power requirements, so I don't think it would be the book cover, causing the drain mine keeps power for days in between charges.
1718249047194.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Members_mBuIbi2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I don't see how it could be the cover either but it's the only thing that makes sense.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Tablets
Mine will last 6 days or longer on a full charge it has to be something with the tablet open settings and under battery I'd keep a eye on what was running during the night to see what draining it.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Members_mBuIbi2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

But would anything be running if it's powered off?

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Tablets
Not if it's powered off, nothing would be running. Which makes me think it's an intermittent battery issue

0 Likes
Members_mBuIbi2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

But they found nothing wrong with it when I sent it in for service. And when it was returned it still had a charge of 95%. It hasn't even been used except for going through the setup process.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Tablets
That's what's strange I just know the book cover couldn't cause the issue since they are no power shared between the two. You can try it without the case and see what happens.

0 Likes
Members_mBuIbi2
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I didn't know if somehow the magnet could interfere with the battery šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€:female_sign:

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Tablets
So far mine hasn't works great

0 Likes