JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call & text from other devices won't connect

(Topic created: Sunday)
jimvinny
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My 13 year old daughter smashed her phone's screen.  She's due for a new one in about 6 months, so buying a phone for 6 months is certainly an option, but she also has a tablet that I'm hoping would work in the interim.  When I put the sim from her phone into the tablet, it gets data reception, but when I try to make a phone call, it tells me I need to enable "call & text from other devices," which fails to connect every time I try it.  Is there a simple solution that would allow her to use her tablet as a phone for a few months?

Thanks,

Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@jimvinny That isn't how "Call & text from other devices work". The way it works is:

• You have a phone with phone service.
  • You have a Samsung tablet on the same Samsung account connected to the same Wifi network.

Then the tablet will allow you to do "call & text" since it is connected to the phone. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@jimvinny That isn't how "Call & text from other devices work". The way it works is:

• You have a phone with phone service.
  • You have a Samsung tablet on the same Samsung account connected to the same Wifi network.

Then the tablet will allow you to do "call & text" since it is connected to the phone. 

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

How badly is the screen damaged?  Just a nasty crack or smashed to smithereens?  I have had success in the past with a badly cracked screen by putting a screen protector over it to prevent further damage.  It prolonged the life long enough til I got a new phone.

0 Likes