JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connection issues with Galaxy S8+ bookcover keyboard

(Topic created: 05-07-2023 12:51 PM)
nisemikol
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I got my Galaxy S8+ with bookcover keyboard from Costco about 2 weeks ago, and I'm experiencing connectivity issues with the keyboard. Specifically: the keyboard will connect and function when I attach the bookcover case; then, after I leave the tablet sitting for a bit (e.g., listening to music while I cook) and come back to it, the keyboard no longer works. (Tablet is not moved or bumped during this time away, so it's not as though the bookcover case was physically disconnected.) To resolve, I have to detach the keyboard, then reattach.

Is this a known issue? Fix coming soon?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Power Off and then on your tablet.  With the tablet connected to Wifi, unplug the keyboard for 10 seconds and then reconnect it to see if there is a pending firmware update.  

If it continues to happen after this, boot to Safe Mode and try to reproduce the condition where it disconnects.  If it doesn't disconnect while in Safe Mode, then it is likely one of the apps you've loaded.  If it does disconnect, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Power Off and then on your tablet.  With the tablet connected to Wifi, unplug the keyboard for 10 seconds and then reconnect it to see if there is a pending firmware update.  

If it continues to happen after this, boot to Safe Mode and try to reproduce the condition where it disconnects.  If it doesn't disconnect while in Safe Mode, then it is likely one of the apps you've loaded.  If it does disconnect, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
nisemikol
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I'll give that a shot and report back when I have, thanks
0 Likes