Original topic:

Do I need to learn how to use a tablet?

(Topic created: 12-03-2023 07:49 PM)
ballense2607
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.

It does what I got it for very well. I'm an engineer and this tablet is great for marking up plans and taking to jobsites as I keep all my work in a Dropbox folder. I may never buy another ream of paper.

However, I'm trying to expand my use of the tablet. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription, but the abbreviated tabs and ribbons for both Excel and Word have made me very frustrated. I've given up on using AutoCAD on it. Tonite, I had a similar experience using a HTML code editor. I admit, I do miss the right mouse click. Maybe I'm just an old dog, but I don't want to give up.

Is there a tutorial on how to use a table for the kinds of apps I mentioned?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Tablets
I would call Microsoft and ask if you can integrate your Dropbox account with your paid subscription to Microsoft Office 365 on your tablet.

If you have a Dropbox team account, you will need an enterprise Microsoft account with a license that allows editing in Office Online (Business, Business Premium, ProPlus, E3, E4, or E5). If you're using a tablet larger than 10", Microsoft requires that you have an O365 license.

You can also research how to add Dropbox to Office 365 in 2023.

Directly linking Dropbox and Office 365 is no longer an option, though there are a number of workarounds in some instances.

File types you can edit with the Dropbox Office Online
integration.
.docx
.xlsx (<25MB)
.pptx (<300MB)

I don't know if you have an IT administrator or if you're the IT administrator, but I believe you may need additional software to share and /or edit files and design plans directly from a tablet.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Tablets
I would call Microsoft and ask if you can integrate your Dropbox account with your paid subscription to Microsoft Office 365 on your tablet.

If you have a Dropbox team account, you will need an enterprise Microsoft account with a license that allows editing in Office Online (Business, Business Premium, ProPlus, E3, E4, or E5). If you're using a tablet larger than 10", Microsoft requires that you have an O365 license.

You can also research how to add Dropbox to Office 365 in 2023.

Directly linking Dropbox and Office 365 is no longer an option, though there are a number of workarounds in some instances.

File types you can edit with the Dropbox Office Online
integration.
.docx
.xlsx (<25MB)
.pptx (<300MB)

I don't know if you have an IT administrator or if you're the IT administrator, but I believe you may need additional software to share and /or edit files and design plans directly from a tablet.

Options
Tablets
You can try to direct message @VerbumVeritum, I am relatively new to the Samsung Members App and OS systems. VerbumVeritum is legendary!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@ballense2607 "I admit, I do miss the right mouse click."

You can connect a USB mouse or pair a Bluetooth mouse to your Tablet and have the right click. 

0 Likes
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Tablets
Youtube has great tutorials on this if you haven't done that yet I would highly recommend that
0 Likes