Original topic:

Forgot password

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
user5I72vHG228
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Samsung lite 6. I forgot my password and can't get into it. It's on not off and it won't shut off so and can restart it holding the power and volume button to reset it. How can I reset it while the power is on not being able to unlock it? Thanks in advance.

16 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

To reset it you would need the password if you don't want to turn it off 

Tablet settings 

General Management 

Reset 

Factory Data reset 

and it will ask for password 

Or try this 

Turn off the device

Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for 10ā€“15 seconds, or until the Android Recovery screen appears

Release both buttons

Select Factory data reset

Select Reboot system now

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user5I72vHG228
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I tried the second option but the tablet won't turn off.
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

can you swipe down on the notification panel and tap the power icon and select Power off 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user5I72vHG228
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No can't do that either.
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

Ok on mine just now I was able to force it to power off by long pressing the power and volume down for about 30 sec

0 Likes
user5I72vHG228
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
My tab is in safe mode. I've been trying to unlock it for a week. When I tried to hold power and volume down it just restarts. I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
RichardBernardHolden
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Does your device have a fingerprint scanner?
0 Likes
user5I72vHG228
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No it doesnt.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

If it is in fact the password you forgot and not the PIN, rebooting won't help as it is still going to look for the password to log in... Which you forgot.  If it is the password, try logging into your Google account and recovering the password there. 

Follow these instructions to get to the recovery screen. 

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Factory Reset

Press the Power button to select 

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes