JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab A7 "Call and Text on other Devices"

(Topic created: 01-17-2022 10:06 AM)
lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I just got a new Tab A7 WIFI only. After going through it and modifying setttings to my liking I noticed there are a few phone apps in the app settings and also a messaging app. I don't understand why they are even there if the tablet is WIFI only. Does it have something to do with the feature "Call and Text on other Devices"? If so, how does that work? I am under the impression I can't send a text message from the tablet without a cell plan. Can someone help clear this up for me? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon. I will be happy to answer your questions. The Call and Text on other Devices feature allows you to pair with compatible cell phones to allow you to receive and send messages and calls from your tablet. For more information on this feature, and how to set it up, please see the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

View solution in context

5 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Tablets
If you have a Samsung phone you can link it to your tablet (using ur phone number) and It allows you to send texts and make and receive calls on your tablet. Not exactly sure how it works but it links them via wifi, so I doesn't matter if your tablet has a data plan or not.

It's a very useful feature, being able to text straight from my tablet or take a call on it (all without having to pay more for the cellular version of the tab or having to get a secondary cell plan for)
0 Likes
lusterav
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Thanks to all who replied. Sounds like a cool feature; I will try it but as DannyBoy said, I don't know how often I would really use it since your phone is usually sitting right there anyway.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon. I will be happy to answer your questions. The Call and Text on other Devices feature allows you to pair with compatible cell phones to allow you to receive and send messages and calls from your tablet. For more information on this feature, and how to set it up, please see the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

DannyBoy91
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
What tom2044 said. It's a fun feature that I'll probably never use lol, but it's nice to have it just in case.
0 Likes
loyalcustumer
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Does tab a7 lite have calls and text on other device feature?
0 Likes