Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9+ - Screen Rotation to Landscape

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
user2f4zf1dPvv
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have a high end new Galaxy Tab S9+ but most apps including Facebook force to Portrait mode - very inconvenient as I have the keyboard and work in Landscape mode - thus app virtually worthless as I end up using browser instead of app since that works in landscape mode. How to get modern high end apps to work in landscape mode on this supposedly top end tablet?!!?
8 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
You would need to contact the developers!
0 Likes
user2f4zf1dPvv
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
This is Facebook for crying out loud - a top end app - on Samsung's best tablet - the Facebook app works in Landscape on Laptops - i guess this is proof that a Samsung TABLET is just a big phone and not a true alternative to a laptop!
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Tablets
You can force "landscape view for portrait apps. Go to Settings >> Advanced features >> Labs >> Landscape view for portrait apps >> toggle Facebook app on
0 Likes
user2f4zf1dPvv
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No - there is no Labs --> Landscape view for portrait apps - option any longer!
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Tablets
That's strange. I still have this option. What is your software version? Mine is BXG5 (One UI 6.1).
0 Likes
user2f4zf1dPvv
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Really appreciate your help but yes it is strange - I have exactly the same build as you - BXG5 (One UI 6.1) - but no "Landscape view for portrait apps" under Labs. I'd attach screenshot but cannot attach on this chat app. My Labs only have two features "MultiWindow for all apps" and "Dark Mode apps", below this is "Looking for something else?" and options are "Full Screen in Split screen view", "swipe for pop up view", "Swipe for split screen" and "Show multiwindow menu with 1 window" - that is the extent of my Labs options. The Samsung help on chat was of absolutely no help - kept pointing me back to autorotate - this is not an autorotate issue - have had that set off and to landscape, and Facebook still forces to portrait
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Tablets
You can submit an error report about this on Samsung Members apps (on your Tab S9+).
0 Likes
rmp007
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same issue here.... have a TabS9+ about a month. Found the "Landscape view for portrait apps" and used it couple of weeks ago but never checked every app to see if I needed to toggle or not.

Last night had an issue with an app and went to toggle and the option was gone. Unsure how because software version has not updated recently at all.

0 Likes