Original topic:

Galaxy tab s7 fe won't update

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
LS1856
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have attempted to download and install update 5.1.1 several times on my tab s7 fe. I keep encountering an error message. The update downloads and attempts to install, gets about 30% through and the error message appears and the tablet restarts. I have 14.9 gb of storage space. I do not own a PC and cannot use smart switch. This is the second time I have had this same problem with this tablet once back in 2022. At that time the tablet was still under warranty so I took it to a service center. They told me the update was bad, but they were able to do the install. Has anyone encountered this issue and how did you resolve it. Samsung support has been no help. Thanks. 
8 Replies
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Have you tried a system cache wipe? That usually fixes this kind of thing for me
0 Likes
LS1856
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Samsung suggested this but then gave me the wrong instructions for doing this. I have found the correct steps but didn't want to waste my time if it wouldn't work. I may try it.
0 Likes
LS1856
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I looked over the steps to wipe the cache partition on my tab s7 fe. It looks like since Android 11 you need to attach the tablet to a PC in order to do this. I don't own a PC or any other computer. Is there a work around to do this without a computer. Samsung support just tries to sell me a new tablet every time I contact them
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You can connect it to a phone or or other device. 

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.          

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Have you tried the update from Safe Mode? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
LS1856
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
So I can connect it to a phone. I own a tablet and a phone. No other devices and no computer.
0 Likes
LS1856
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No not safe mode
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

While I've never tried it with Samsung, II did have a similar issue with Motorola and was able to boot to Safe Mode and successfully complete the update.  Give it a try. 

And yes, a phone should work. 

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appears

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appear

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts ) 

Bill
---
0 Likes