Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9+ 5G (SM-X818U/DS) CSC: XAA has not had security updates since launch

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
rwantare
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I got the unlocked Tab S9+ 5G a few months after launch, and not once has the Software been updated.

It's currently on the August 1, 2023 security patch. Firmware: X818USQU1AWH8

I understand that fully unlocked devices get updated less frequently, but I'm starting to suspect this SKU has been abandoned altogether since I can't even buy a fully unlocked 5G tablet directly from Samsung.

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@rwantare Firmware updates for 5G versions of the tablet are less frequent. You may want to check with your carrier. 

0 Likes
rwantare
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It's an unlocked tablet, there is no carrier to check with.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there and Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option

0 Likes
rwantare
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Sorry, my earlier assumption was incorrect. The device model is SM-X818UZAAATT, so it is a US product.

0 Likes