JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Games lag on Galaxy S4 64GB

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 03:22 PM)
SteveGuitarist
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Some action games lag during play. There are no background apps running. There is 2.8 GB memory availalaible. There is 6 GB drive space available. Two games, for example, Force of Warships and Metalstorm briefly stall for 1 to 2 seconds. This is not a low end tablet and there is no memory clutter to cause game lag. What is the problem? Any help appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SteveGuitarist
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Background apps running caused the lag on my S4. After running a 'close background apps' app the games ran smoothly.

Why this and my other 2 Samsung tablets run background apps unnecessarily I don't know. It is the cause of my particular problem. 6 year old tablet notwithstanding. Really?

View solution in context

2 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
It's a nearly 6 year old tablet, and both of those games are fairly new and graphically demanding. It just doesn't have the processing power, ram and storage have nothing to do with it.
Solution
SteveGuitarist
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Background apps running caused the lag on my S4. After running a 'close background apps' app the games ran smoothly.

Why this and my other 2 Samsung tablets run background apps unnecessarily I don't know. It is the cause of my particular problem. 6 year old tablet notwithstanding. Really?