Original topic:

Google messages notification problems

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
KJ W
Halo
Options
Tablets
Now that Samsung is forcing us to use Google messages, I am having issues with text notifications on my S6 lite tablet. My s24 ultra is my primary device and it is paired with Google messages on the S6 lite The S6 Lite does NOT get audio notifications like it should from Google messages. Audio notifications are spotty at best. Some contacts will give me an audio notification, most do not. I am stuck with the default app notification tone on the S6 because I cannot customize notification tones for individual contacts like I can on my primary device the s24 for ultra. So, it's not an issue of using different notification tones. I should be getting audio notifications on ALL incoming messages because it is the default tone used on every contact.

If you're going to FORCE us to use a Google app, make sure it is COMPATIBLE with all of our devices and works at least as well if not better than what we had been using. Samsung text and call from other devices was perfect because my S6 lite does not have a SIM card.

0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

Samsung is not forcing the issue, Google is. Google messages is compatible across every device that's Android based. If you are not getting notification sounds, it probably has more to do with a misconfiguration in your system, rather than Google messages.

0 Likes
KJ W
Halo
Options
Tablets
I have every single notification toggle for Google messages enabled on the s6. There's nothing else to turn on.

All permissions have been enabled.

There is only the default audio tone setting, and it works for some contacts not others. It's hit or miss.

When I was using Samsung messages, I had no problems getting notification tones on all of my contacts.

If everything is turned on, what else is left?