JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help! No "Contact access" BT option on Tab Active3

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 03:33 PM)
userWKWB8zYff7
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have Galaxy S20 phone and Tab Active3 tablet. They both are on the same account. When I connect the phone via Bluetooth to Garmin GPS there is an option "Contact access", which allows GPS to get Phone Book from the phone:

Screenshot_20211125-221326_Settings.jpg

When I try to do exactly the same on Active3 tablet, this option is not available!!!:

Screenshot_20211125-221121_Settings.jpg

The contacts are the same on both devices. All settings are the same, but I can't find a way to sync Active3 tablet contacts with GPS! I need it to be able to call a contact from GPS while it's paired with the tablet (the tablet is connected to the phone via "Call & text on other devices", which works fine by the way). 

My question is whether it's fundamentally impossible (accessing contacts on Active3 tablet via BT), or am I missing something here?

Thanks 

3 Replies
userWKWB8zYff7
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Anyone???? I need to know the reason why this does not work. If the tablet can't send contacts via BT by design, I have no choice as to return it for refund. This is a deal breaker for me and I'm running out of time. Please, Samsung Support! Response!!!

0 Likes
userWKWB8zYff7
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Is this a wrong place to ask such a simple question? Does TAB Active3 support PBAP protocol??? I do see PBAP settings in Developer options, but it seems that the device doesn't have this Bluetooth protocol. I tried to pair the tablet with several devices those work fine with Galaxy S20, but non of them works with Active3. So, the problem is definitely in the tablet. Is my tablet broken or Active3 doesn't have PBAP at all?   

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I apologize for the delayed response. This particular tablet is supported exclusively by the Samsung for Business team. You can reach out to them directly at 866-726-4249 for assistance with your tablet.