JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I upgrade the OS of a GT-n5110 from Android OS to Android 10?

(Topic created: 03-06-2021 01:41 AM)
userjLumKSeS8E
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi everyone.

I was researching the internet for answers to the question, how do I upgrade the OS of a GT-n5110 from Android OS out of date by  decades (joke) to Android OS 10 without the risk of security compromises? 

Thanks for helping me bring an old device back to usefulness.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GodhandZan
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It's one of their download pages. But, upon reviewing their info, the Android 10 ROM is for the S8, S8+, and Note 8 phones, but the Note 8 Tablet appears to stop at 7.1 Nougat. Which is still a big jump from Android 4.4. The Lineage OS Team does have a Android 9 Pie ROM available, and do claim to be working on Android 10 (LOS 17).

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
GodhandZan
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Samsung probably won't be doing that update for you, but the custom rom community has 2 options in the works. The Lineage team is working on one and the Resurrection Remix team seems to have theirs out and working. Visit the XDA forum if you have questions.
0 Likes
userjLumKSeS8E
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Is this the group with the Resurrection Remix solution?

0 Likes
Solution
GodhandZan
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It's one of their download pages. But, upon reviewing their info, the Android 10 ROM is for the S8, S8+, and Note 8 phones, but the Note 8 Tablet appears to stop at 7.1 Nougat. Which is still a big jump from Android 4.4. The Lineage OS Team does have a Android 9 Pie ROM available, and do claim to be working on Android 10 (LOS 17).

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

0 Likes
userjLumKSeS8E
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It is more than enough. Thank you.

0 Likes
userzv0FKhKQsX
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I too have a Gt n5110 tab running with Android 4.1.2. It is okay if I updated this to Android 7. Can it be done online. Please help. This will be of great help..

Thanks in advance

0 Likes