JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to USB tether a Galaxy a7 10.1 tablet to a Galaxy s21 phone to share phone's internet connection

(Topic created: 12-16-2021 03:55 PM)
jimcapraro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I can't get the tablet to recognize the phone's usb connection.

Useing EasyTether Pro I can get my laptop to tether to the s21 via usb. And I can get my tablet to tether to the s21 via bluetooth but I can't get the a7 10.1 tablet to tether to the s21 via usb.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
10 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
You'd need an ethernet adapter for the S21
jimcapraro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I'm not trying to connect to ethernet. I'm trying to use my Galaxy S21's 5G data to connect Galaxy A7 tablet to the internet via usb cable. I'm able to do this via bluetooth, but it's very slow speed. USB should be faster. I can connect my laptop to the internet via usb connection to the S21 and the speed is about 30mbits per second. Not lighning fast but I can live with it. I want to do the same with my Galaxy A7 10.1 tablet. No ethernet involved whatsoever.
Solution
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
What I'm trying to say is that you can't create a wired connection to an S21 without an ethernet adapter. No adapter, no connection :prohibited:
Carteri
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Yea
0 Likes
Carteri
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I can't
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Create a Hotspot from your phone. Settings, connections, mobile Hotspot and tethering. Touch mobile Hotspot or Bluetooth whichever you prefer. Turn it on and configure it. Turn the wifi on on your other device and connect to the network you created.
0 Likes
jimcapraro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

HERE's THE REAL SOLUTION

@Anonymous  - why did you claim @MochaVex  had a solution. It is not correct. It's mis-information. 

Here's how you use USB tether to obtain internet on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 via a USB Connection to a Samsung Galaxy S21. (THIS METHOD WORKS IF YOU DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR WIRELESS CARRIERS MOBILE HOTSPOT PLAN - iT DOESN'T USE WIFI. IT ALSO CONSUMES MUCH LESS BATTERY): 

31vk2ZweVOL._AC_

1. Purchase the USB OTG adapter pictured above/link follows (costs $11.99) :  PRO OTG Adapter Works with Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 (2020) for OTG and USB Type-C Braided Cable.
  2. Install Easytether Pro, (costs $9.99) un it and select USB on the Galaxy S21 phone
  3. Install Easytether Tablet, run it and select USB on the Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
  4. Make sure wifi is turned off on both devices
  5. Make sure developer options is obtained and usb debugging is selected on both devices.
  6. Connect the PRO OTG adapter to the Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 
  7. With Easytether Pro running on the Galay s221 phone select USB Wizard and follow all of the steps.
  8. When prompted by Easytether Pro on the phone plug the a USB A to USB C cable into the PRO OTG adapter and the phone.
  9. Ath this point my tablet asks me to download Samsung Smartswitch. Hit cancel it this happens.
  10. Easytether tablet will recognize the phone and display its mac address. Tap on the Mac address.
  11. Now your phone will request permission to allow USB debugging for the tablet - Grant the permission and your tablet is now connected to the internet via usb tethered connection with your phone.

I now enjoy fast 5G broadban on my wifi only tablet without paying my wireless carrier a fee to use the mobile hotspot!

I'm betting that this will work with PDAnet also, but I haven't tried it.

0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Usually, users don't resort to usb debugging to midigate outdated networking solutions.

But I am glad you finally got a workaround.
0 Likes
jimcapraro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
@MochaVex - outdated - LOL - that's funny - if it works how can it be outdated. I guess what is outdated to one person is "tried and true" to the next. Seriously, though, you seem to be quite a helpful resource to many on this forum. that's a good thing. Sorry you weren't correct on this one, but I'm happy to not have to pay for access to a battery consuming mobile hotspot.