Original topic:

How to find my Model number on my tablet?

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 08:52 PM)
Blueflame14
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

What model is a tablet several years old that is 9 1/2" x 5 7/8" x 3/8"?

I can't get any more information as I want to buy a new case as a birthday present for my dad.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rskyline
Comet
Options
Tablets
Really hard to tell like that. Are you able to get a hold of the tablet?
Blueflame14
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Unfortunately, no.  I don't live close by and I was lucky just get the measurements from a family member because he keeps it by his chair and uses it throughout the day.  I just thought I would give this a shot in case anyone was a Samsung tablet history buff.  Thanks for replying, I appreciate your time.

0 Likes
Tiaza
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Somewhere under settings, there should be an "About" section that lists model and software info. Or Google "how to find model of Galaxy tablet."
Blueflame14
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you for your reply.  I have a few Samsung tablets myself and love them but I can't get ahold of his personally.  I am trying to narrow down the year that I originally gifted it to him and use Wikipedia's history of Samsung's tablets information to narrow it down by dimensions.  I will most likely end up ordering a universal case so that I can have it delivered before his birthday.

Tiaza
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Best of luck with your thoughtful gift.
chuck1027
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Look in ur sheeting an look for about device it may be there just an idea to look there
0 Likes
Solution
Blueflame14
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you for reading my post.  I thought it would be easier to find an answer on here than spending hours going through pictures to figure out the year that I originally gifted him the tablet.   I now that they made more models in that size than I originally thought and apologize for asking.

I figured out it is actually a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 from 2015.

Thank you again

0 Likes