Original topic:

Issue with apps

(Topic created: 05-08-2024 03:58 PM)
progamer1
Halo
Options
Tablets
Apps that take me off them to do something restart or crash when I return to them. This makes signing in with other services/picking files impossible.
And yes, this happens on all apps unless I use MultiStar's "The long live app" option on them, but that option can only be used for 1 app at once.
I'm using a Galaxy Tab A8 running One UI 6.0, on the latest security patch.
4 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Scan your system for malware. Unless you have it programmed to do that, then they should not. After major updates to the UI. This does happen sometimes. Use Samsung Pass it saves a lot of time when you can fingerprint your way back into them fast.
0 Likes
progamer1
Halo
Options
Tablets
I don't have any malware on my device
0 Likes
progamer1
Halo
Options
Tablets
This didn't happen on UI 5
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try holding the Power and Vol Down buttons until the device reboots.  This will soft reset the device. 

If that doesn't work try  clearing the system cache.

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.          

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes