Original topic:

Laggy UI on One UI 6 when set to Adaptive (90 Hz) for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+

(Topic created: yesterday)
userDZQBe96USN
Constellation
Options
Tablets

After the One UI 6 update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+, there is significant frame rate loss with the UI if the tablet is set to Adaptive (90 Hz). If the tablet is set to Standard (60 Hz), there is no frame rate loss with the UI. This issue was not present for Adaptive (90 Hz) prior to the One UI 6 update.

4 Replies
VivaMexico2005
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I recommend you clearing the cache all you do is power off the phone Press the volume up and the power Button at the same exact time and there should be instructions to tell you on how to do the rest
0 Likes
userDZQBe96USN
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Gave this a shot. Still the same issue after on Adaptive (90 Hz).

0 Likes
VivaMexico2005
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I'm at a loss for what else to do because I'm encountering the same issue with my Galaxy A15 5G.
0 Likes
HeroKrasen
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Definitely a software issue. I bought the 8gb A9 plus 2 days ago. Got it with One UI 6.0 out the box and had absolutely no issues, not until I updated to 6.1. Now I have exactly the same lag issues on the home screen or when browsing the app drawer, all apps are working fine. When I switch the display refresh rate to standard(60hz) the lagging dissappears but then again, I did not buy a 90hz screen only to limit it.  Funny thing is I found a way to fix the lag but it is kind of ridiculous. When Spotify is playing in the background all lagging dissappears. It is almost as if the tablet enjoys the music and refuses to elaborate without it. The moment I stop the music, it is all laggy again. Unfortunately it is by no means a suitable workaround, so I guess we can only hope that Samsung acknowledge and fix the issue..

0 Likes