JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Galaxy Tab A8 either won't turn on or is having display issues

(Topic created: 08-23-2023 03:12 PM)
RatchetXJ0
Constellation
Options
Tablets

As the subject suggests, my Galaxy Tab A8 either won't turn on or is having display issues. I don't know which is truly the issue. I last powered it on over 24 hours ago as of the posting of this message. My last use of it was me watching a video I had downloaded to the tablet, when I was finished, I powered off the tablet and put it away. I had between a third and half charge left in the device. About 5 hours later when I go to power it on, it just decided not to. I've had my tablet for less than a year and I know that I take good care of it. I keep it clean and I've never dropped it since my purchase. I never had any functional issues with the tablet either whenever I was using it.  I don't think it's completely dead because whenever I plugged it into my pc, I get a sound on my pc that lets me know when a device is plugged in. However, I can't access the files on my tablet. I've tried doing a forced restart by holding the power button and the volume down button, but that didn't work. I tried doing the same thing while it was plugged into my computer. I heard the disconnect notification sound from my pc when I tried it at I heard the 'connected' notification sound from my laptop about a minute later, which leads me to believe it's the display, but again I'm not sure. Has anybody had a similar issue and were able to fix it?

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out regarding the tablet concerns. I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help. I really appreciate you verifying the steps you've already taken to resolve this and recommend trying these following steps as well:

Checking the device/ charging cable for damage

and finally
Charging the tablet for at least 1 hr using the original charging cable and try to power it back on. 

If the tablet is still not responding, and you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup or call 1-800- Samsung to speak with a live agent. 

If you're outside the warranty period, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/