JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Nav bar icons keep spreading apart

(Topic created: 03-31-2023 11:02 AM)
Kannybee
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Title. Instead of being centered, the icons spread across the entire nav bar area. I have the asscessability icon up, so the nav bar icons spreading out makes it actually impossible to use the asscessability icon. I can turn the task bar on then off to fix it temporarily, but eventually it goes back to being spread out. Any clue what the problem is?
Using an S7 tab, most recent update is the One UI 5.1 update from March 7th.

Roughly this. The blue is where the icons move to and the red is their interactive area. It's impossible to use the asscessability icon.

9 Replies
Options
Tablets
Have you tried wiping the cache partition from the Bootloader Menu, accessed at start-up? Usually this fixes these kinds of bugs that present themselves after updates.
0 Likes
Kannybee
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
No, would that work? It's just strange it happened only after this update. I also can't figure out what causes it, since sometimes it'll stay normal for a long time and others it'll only stay until I turn the screen off.
0 Likes
Kannybee
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Once again seems to be something that randomly fixes itself without me doing anything or finding a solid solution.

Found that playing a game in landscape then going back to portrait afterwards messes the nav bar up. Eventually it goes back to normal, can take anywhere from a day to a week.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
I've been having the same problem ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Good-Lock-NavBar-bug-after-One-UI-system-update-on-S7-ta...) and I've reported it a few times (sent in a bug report with system logs.) ... have you sent in a bug report (through the members app)?
Kannybee
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
No I haven't, I just looked around online to see if it was mentioned anywhere and didn't find anything with answers.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
It would be good to send in a bug report. That way, they can see that the problem is affecting more people than they think and maybe they'll fix it sooner.
0 Likes
Solution
Kannybee
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
The recent security update fixes it if you haven't updated yet!
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
I haven't seen a notification for that security update yet. Still waiting. Thanks for letting me know that it fixes it. 👍🏻
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Tablets
The update came through today. And just as you said, it fixed the problem. Yay! 👍🏻