JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Tab A 8inch SM-T290 Cannot move apps to SD card

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 07:05 PM)
userIv6GHwN99R
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a brand new Tab A 8inch.   I am very familiar with Samsung since I have phone and 10 inch tablet.   I have bought a 64Gb micro SD card.   It is seen by the tablet.   However I am unable to move apps to the card.   I looked at an app that shows as moveable on my phone but on the tablet there is no option under storage to move to external storage

The tablet has Android 9

Is there something that has to be done to enable moving apps to the sd card?

60 Replies
Jace2k
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'm extremely unhappy with the SM-T290 Galaxy Tab A 8.0 that we purchased for our 7 year old son.

Yeah, in general this tablet runs well enough. It's fine for anyone that needs just a few apps. But not good at all for a kid that wants to explore the world of apps.

This tablet is virtually worthless. It's a constant pain dealing with deleting apps (that we want to keep) in order to install new apps that we want to try.

What's the point of supporting all that external expansion storage space if it cannot be used?

I put a 512GB SD card into my son's SM-T290, but the SM-T290 is unable to utilize it.

It's seems impossible to move apps to the SD card. Nothing works. Not even possible to format this card as internal storage, either.

All Samsung needs to do is tweak the software a bit and this issue will be corrected for everyone that is dealing with it.

I am left feeling as though this Samsung product is an inconvenient piece of junk.

If you run a company and want to chase customers away, do what Samsung has done with this SM-T290. The way I feel right now is f--- Samsung.