JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 4.1.1 on Galaxy Tab S7: Navigation buttons invisible in dark mode

(Topic created: 09-15-2022 08:35 PM)
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

1st of all, I love the new One UI 4.1.1 taskbar. It really takes multitasking to a new level with the ability to create an multiwindow app pair and then switch back to it.

My issue is when dark mode is enabled, the taskbar nav buttons on the translucent taskbar can become invisible if the background is dark.

To replicate:

1. Install One UI 4.1.1
  2. Set One UI as the default Home app
  3. Enable dark mode in the Display settings

You will notice that the nav buttons are now invisible because they're black against the black of the Settings.

Can this be fixed soon?

7 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
Are you using a theme?
0 Likes
GarrukAblaze
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

You can't use themes with dark mode. 

NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
Yeah. So if he is using a theme, it maybe interfering. Something to check out. It's happened to me.
0 Likes
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I think it depends on which One UI version and form factor you're on. Themes are available on my Note 9 running One UI 2.5 on Android 10, but not on my Galaxy Tab S7 running One UI 4.1.1.

0 Likes
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

No I'm not. As far as I can tell Themes aren't even available for One UI 4.1.1 on the GTS7. Can't find it in Settings or even the Galaxy store, so that's not the issue. Changing the color palette doesn't fix the problem either.

0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
Just tried Nav Buttons and it all looks good on mine. I guess you can try go into Safe Mode. (Not sure if Dark mode is available there) If it is, this will help eliminate some apps. Although, I'm using a tab 8.
0 Likes
Solution
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Didn't want to go into Safe Mode, but then I remembered I've had NavStar (from Good Lock) for so long I forgot I had it enabled. Disabling it fixed the problem. Moreover, there was an update to NavStar in Good Lock that no longer has the bug, either.

Mad props to Samsung for attention to power user customization details as always.

Thanks for the suggestion, it def jogged my memory.

0 Likes